OUTLET - Plug into Christ!
Welcome to Outlet! Here is some information that will help your family to get the most out of this unique experience of performing service projects together in our wonderful community of St. Edward/San Felipe!
- Please try to be on time! 3:30 SHARP for Section A on Sunday and 7:00 for Section B on Mondays! We sometimes have projects that are very time-consuming and we don’t like to run over, especially with the 5:00 end time both for people who want to attend the 5:30 Mass as well as making it difficult for Insight to set up for their 6:30 meeting, also in Knight Hall.
- It is perfectly fine if you can't make Sunday but want to come Monday (or vice versa!) We just ask that you email to let us know what day you are coming so we can plan accordingly. firstname.lastname@example.org or text: 949.302.6211
- Outlet provides everything needed for each service project…so you just need to bring your creativity and enthusiasm. The only exception to this is the “Scavenger Hunt” contest where we gather things to be packed in our Box of Joy project as well as hygiene bags for the homeless. You will learn more about that very shortly. One other exception would be if we do a drive of some kind collecting “gently used” items.
- EACH WEEK AS YOU ENTER YOU WILL NEED TO DO THE FOLLOWING:
- SIGN IN to record your attendance
- PICK UP ANY HANDOUTS that are right there next to the sign in sheets: the agenda for the day, information pertaining to the project that day, etc.
- EVERYONE FILLS OUT A NAME TAG and put it where it can be seen…it’s the only way I get to learn names. (some of our funny attendees hide it!)
- SAINT'S TABLES Each family will pick a saint’s name out of the bowl placed at the end of the table then look for the saint’s picture on a particular table. This will be where you sit THIS week.. This will help to get parishioners to know each other since we have so many from outside the Parish school. There will be several icebreaker games to help mesh everyone as well. There will also be a brief bio of each saint for you to read if you like.
- IF YOU LIKE, FILL OUT A PRAYER PETITION FOR OUR PRAYER CHAIN: The Prayer Jar has its own table. For those of you attending for the first time, we like to end each meeting with a spontaneous prayer. We do this by having anyone who wishes fill out a “prayer slip” (anonymously) and then place it in the Prayer Jar. In addition to the Prayer Jar having its own space, we will also be making a paper chain of those prayers to wind around the room so we can have a visual reminder each week of who we prayed for and should continue to remember in our prayers. Will be interesting to see how far it will grow in the coming months!
- IF YOU HAVE SPARE CHANGE, FEEL FREE TO CONTRIBUTE TO "LAUNDRY LOVE" an outreach ministry of our social justice committee who meet with homeless and low income individuals and families at a Capo Beach laundromat the first Sunday of the month to do laundry that they otherwise could not afford to do.
"Prayer in action is love, and love in action is service...
We are all God's children so it is important to share His gifts. Do not worry about why problems exist in the world - just respond to people's needs...
We feel what we are doing is just a drop in the ocean, but that ocean would be less without that drop."
~ Saint Mother Teresa of Calcutta
of Middle School
Llame a la oficina de
Formación de la Fe